Friday, November 7, 2014

Taking Note:Julian Lennon;World Golf Championships

Julian Lennon is featured prominently here this week,with two tracks in the lineup:"Valotte" and "Everything Changes."With Julian,you get it all:the music is in the Beatles tradition,yet it's original at the same time.He was born John Charles Julian Lennon,but his mother,Cynthia,John Lennon's first wife,shortened it to "Julian."This year,he's been releasing 14 new music videos,including "Everything Changes."
Someone on YouTube asked whatever happened to Julian,so now you know he's still working hard on music and photography projects.At age 51,he's still a productive artist.*
The acoustic version of "Everything Changes" which is posted here has a string arrangement and a melody that sticks with you."Valotte" is the title track from his first album,which came out in 1984.*
For me,it was becoming the best songsmith I could possibly be,Julian told CNN.I never leaned on the other Beatles.I felt it was my own journey that I should follow.The only shoulder I've leant on is mum's.She's been my rock.*
In sport,the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions is underway at Sheshan Golf Club in Shanghai,China.After two rounds,Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland topped the leader board with his ten under par 67 on Friday.England's Ian Poulter was second at seven under par,while reigning Masters champion Bubba Watson of the USA held third with his six under.Forty of the world's top fifty pro golfers are participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment